Thursday 13 May 2010

Next


I started off with the butterfly. I used a satin stitch and went around the material on the butterfly. The face of the butterfly was really difficult as it was so small. I had to make sure the foot was down on the sewing machine, so that I could move the material around. As you can see in the image, the cotton is hanging over the image. To get rid of these pieces, I have to thread the cotton through the back of the material. I could not cut it was the satin stitch would eventually come undone.


Here I have used one image on this patch. I loved this image because Scott was a dedicated villa fan. He found this rock in Australia and he had a photograph taken with the rock and his mate Tom.


I wanted to add a little bit of colour to the image, so I went around the photograph, using a blanket stitch on the sewing machine. This was really easy on the straight lines but when you reached the corners you had to follow the machine to move around the edge in the blanket stitch correctly. Again, I had to thread the cotton through the back.
I will add an image of something on this patch after I have decided where I want everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment