Thursday 13 May 2010

Patches


I wanted to complete some writing on my patch work to bring the piece together. I used a water based pen and copied the letters over the material. I printed the writing that I wanted on the computer and then just traced over it through the material.
I wanted at first to stitch the letters with a chain stitch but I did not have the patience with the stitch and it did not look like a chain stitch, so I gave up.




I decided on the patch piece with the image of Scott and Tom pointing at the rock that I wanted to complete the villa cress.
I drew it on baking paper and then reversed the image. I attatch this image onto the material and used a satin stitch to go around the cress. I started off with the letters and then went around the outer cress.


I traced the lion on tracing paper and then reversed it. I used spray glue and attatched the lion to a piece of material. I decided to use a yellow piece of material that I dyed. I then completed a straight stitch around the lion.



I am really pleased with this patch. Scott was a dedicated villa fan and I felt that this was appropriate to use on this patch.





On this patch, I wanted to complete a stencil related to Australia as all of the images on this patch are from Australia. I decided to complete a kangeroo.

I found a stencil of a kangeroo online. I cut the image out and placed it on the patch just to see what it looked like.





I found a piece of material that matched a kangeroo colour briefly. I liked this piece of material as it was patterened.
I cut the kangeroo on to the material and then used a satin stitch around the image to hold the material down.


Scott used to play on the play station using a guitar. I thought that it would be nice if I could complete a guitar on the quilt. I again, cut the material out and completed a satin stitch around the edge. I wanted to add a bit of colour to it, so I used a bright red and added a little bit of detail to it. I was really pleased with the outcome of the guitar.


This was one of the patch work pieces. I went around the images with blanket stitch.
I really like the kangeroo.

No comments:

Post a Comment