Thursday 13 May 2010

Design




The challenging part of the design was working out where I wanted everything. I had to use grid paper to make sure that the piece was organised properly. Each square on the grid was an inch. I started off putting the centre piece on the grid and then I added the pieces around it.
I completed one design and realized that I had missed out a patch, so I had to rub it out and start it again. This was frustrating as I had to do a lot of rubbing out to get the design the way I wanted it.
I tried to make sure that my dyeing material was separated amongst the piece and that they were not too close together.
After I had completed the design, I had to work out the pieces between the images as I had to put pieces of fabric between each patch to sew the piece together.
Eventually the design was completed and this is in my sketch book.

No comments:

Post a Comment