Sunday 28 March 2010

The Public.

If there is one art gallery that I will never forget it's the public in West Bromich. Really was fantastic.
It was pink, it was modern and it was stimulating and exciting. The public gallery was made for children. There is so much for children to do there.



The building itself was really cool. It was a block building with bubble windows. The building was pink and black.

The door itself was welcoming. I was really excited about what I was going to see on the inside. I did a little bit of research before I got there to see what was at the gallery.


The toilets are wkd. They are in a dome made of metal with pink lights surrouding them. Really good start.
If you look up at the gallery the lights are all pink. When I took a photograph of the lights they came out blue.



As we were walking to the lifts we saw these sewing pieces. Asia children had made these hangings. I thought that these related to my project.


I really liked how the children sewed the images onto the hangings. I also really liked the colours used.
We went up to the third floor and we saw these lamps above us. These looked like trees. Leaves were imprinted in the rectangles. These were really effective.

There were postcards in the gallery. I liked how these were space around the gallery. All the post cards were different and there were some larger ones as well. These looked really effect spread out.





A group of children between the age of 8-11 of which were special needs were involved in an art project. They worked collaborately to create the following images.




No comments:

Post a Comment