Monday 12 April 2010

Textile and Fashion Museum.

We went to the Textile and Fashion Museum near London Bridge as I thought that this would link to my art work this year as I am focusing on textiles.
We got lost but managed to find our way there after some map reading skills by Adam.
The building was bright orange and pink so it stood out on the street clearly.
The exhibition showed 150 years of English Decoration.
I could not take pictures in this gallery, which was a shame because I saw some really lovely textile pieces in the gallery.




They gave us lots of leaflets though that explained what the exhibition was about.
It talked about how the Sanderson family ran their business.
Years ago they would make and deliver 2000 products a day which consists of a lot of work.
They had chairs, curtains etc made out of a range of materials and showed what ideas they had and how they made their products.
The gallery was very interesting and I really liked some of the work that was produced.
I only found this gallery by chance on the Saturday night by looking on the Internet as the textile and fashion museum was not on the map. I am really glad that I found the gallery as found it very interesting and I like how the exhibition was set out with curtains draping from the middle of the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment